Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Simple and easy is good too

I'm going to talk about the Hexalong again. I can't help it. Every time I look at the latest photos from this talented group, I am blown away. Again.

Up pops one amazing, how-did-they-do-it block, then another even more amazing how-in-the-WORLD-did-they-do-it block.

Like this masterpiece of curved piecing from Dan @ Piece and Press.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/31012421@N08/6046476344/in/pool-1617207@N20/

Dan has kindly provided a template for his medallion, but I'm going to save it for a long rainy day when I can really concentrate. My brain is a little tired at the moment so I've gone back to basics with my latest batch of Candied Hexagons.

Six simple triangles per hexagon, with the fabric doing all the fancy work. I don't really plan what the blocks are going to look like, they just happen, and with this great fabric (Fandango by Kate Spain) I just can't go wrong.





6 comments: