Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Please hurry up Mr Postman!

Don't you love that moment when you see brand new fabric designs for the first time. Almost as good as opening a brand new box of chocolates. (I said ALMOST.) Nonetheless, I am drooling so much my computer keyboard is getting messy.

I don't know how she does it, but Quilt Jane at Want It, Need It, Quilt somehow manages to get her hands on the latest Moda ranges before my local Moda wholesaler has them available! (I know I've mentioned her shop a few times before, but it's really the only place I go.)

As soon as I saw these brand new ranges in her store, I waved my magic PayPal wand and snapped up these Moda layer cakes. I can't wait to get my hands on them! The first is Sassy by Sandy Gervais (not due for release till next year!) and the second is Good Fortune by Kate Spain.






I am planning to turn these into pre-cut hexagons for you, but I can't 100% guarantee that I won't be keeping them for myself LOL.

I've been meaning to thank everyone for your great comments about fabric hexagons last week. You've given me some great ideas, but I'll talk more about that another day. Some of you also mentioned that you haven't tried hexies yet, and would you believe it - perfect timing - there is a brand new tutorial on Bec's Chasing Cotton blog today (Tuesday) and it's all about how to do hexies.

QuiltJane (yes the one and the same) has written a great overview of everything you need to know before you get started, e.g. what sort of thread to use, the other notions you need, etc. I really like how she tells you a little about the different methods that you can choose from, rather than saying that there is just one "right" way.

And tomorrow (Wednesday) her step-by-step guide will be posted, so if you are thinking about giving hexies a go, be sure to have a look here.

No comments:

Post a Comment